I can't decide if I want to count down to my 1/2 marathon or down to how many days of school are left?!?!
Yesterday I heard a rumor that Walton Elementary may have to add another 1st grade teacher next year. So if my position is taken away, I may try for that position. The only downfall is Walton is 10 minutes outside of Newton and it may only be a temporary position. Their kindergarten class this year has 28 students, which is too big for a 1st grade classroom. I just keep hoping and praying that I stay here next year, because I really like the school I'm currently at, as well as the teachers I work with. Hopefully I find out soon!
I signed-up for a fitness challenge at our Rec yesterday and I'm a little upset about the whole thing. The goal is to workout 5 hours a week, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. There's a notebook for us to log in our time and if we complete the challenge we receive a free t-shirt. I'm always up for free t-shirts. Here's why I'm upset. I logged in my time yesterday - 45 minutes on the treadmill (walked 1 mile, ran 3 miles) and I taught a step-aerobics class for 60 minutes. Well come to find out I can't log my classes that I teach, because I'm working! How crummy is that?!?! I feel that I'm still working out and it should count! So I stuck around for another 15 minutes lifting weights to make up for my 60 minutes. I still think that's stupid. Today I am lifting weights for 30 minutes, teaching kickboxing, which won't count :( , and then I have to run 4x10 minutes at 5.6 to 5.7 mph with 2-minutes of rest in between. I'll definitely get in my hour of working out today.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment