Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

Happy Hump Day!

A lot has happened in my wonderful life since my last post.

Saturday - Ran a 5K in the Emma Creek Run and finished in 26:23, which was a great time for me. I ran each mile in a little under 9 minutes. I'm used to running a mile in 10 minutes...or more. I signed up for the run by myself, since I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Before driving to the high school, I didn't feel intimidated or afraid because I knew only women were running/walking. But when I got there I started to feel out of place. Sure there were women who were older and not as in shape, but there were also women in amazing shape and probably older than me. I started to second guess my ability and if I was prepared for the run. Like my husband said, it's not a race, but I still wanted to do well. I tried to mingle around and find someone I knew, but it wasn't working. After 15 minutes of walking around hundreds of women, I did find a lady I met over the summer. Keep in mind, I just moved to this location and I haven't met a ton of ladies. When the race was about to start, I found my place towards the back of the crowd. Once the horn went off to start the race I started with a slow jog, trying to get around the walkers and slower runners. As I continued to run the 3 miles, I noticed I was passing more and more runners and I slowly made my way towards the front of the pack. I obviously didn't finish in the top 10, but I definitely made my way to the top 25. After I crossed the finish line I felt great! I talked to a few other ladies I knew, then I headed to the bike path where I ran another 9 miles to make up for the 12 miles that I needed to run for my 1/2 marathon training. I WAS EXHAUSTED!

Later that night my husband and I got all dressed up and went in to Wichita to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Our actual anniversary wasn't until Monday, but Justin had to work at the station that day. We ate at the Olive Garden (delicious!), then we went to Old Town where we sat and listened to a band play. It was a wonderful evening!

Sunday - Justin and I spent most of the day working in the basement. My parents are coming back this weekend, so we had our "homework" we had to finish.

We don't have a whole lot planned for this week, besides work and continue training for my 1/2 marathon. It's 3 weeks from this Sunday! After today, there are only 16 more days of school!!! I'm just ready to find out the plans for next year.

Have a great Hump Day! :)

1 comment:

monaja said...

Great job on the race Ashley.