Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kansas Wind

Yesterday was a very interesting day. Before going to the non-tenured meeting after school , I was unsure about next year's situation. After the meeting, I was still unsure about next year's situation. The meeting was absolutely pointless and didn't make me feel any better about my future in this school district. Our superintendent did let us know that if we have to be rehired for next year, our progress towards becoming tenured does not change. So if I'm rehired for next year, I'll still be in my year two of becoming tenured. That was nice to know. He also continued to stress that his goal is to make sure no one loses their job. The legislators are claiming they will have the budget finalized May 21. But at the meeting someone asked what will happen if the legislators do not have the budget finalized by May 21? Are we on the chopping block then? Our superintendent was not able to answer that and I felt like he dodged the question. That didn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. It's just the unknown and being in control of my situation that's driving me nuts!

On top of the meeting yesterday, my workout was not enjoyable either. I taught my step class, which wasn't a problem. But then I decided to run outside....bad idea! My first two miles were okay, because I was running with the wind. But then I had to turn around and run back, against the wind. It was blowing like crazy! I could only run a mile and I had to walk the 4th mile. I was curious how hard the wind was blowing, so I looked it up as soon as I got home. The wind was blowing between 35-40 mph. No wonder I struggled finishing the last mile. I was dead tired! Today is going to be tough, because I have a long workout scheduled. I am lifting weights for 30 minutes, teaching kickboxing class for 60 minutes, then I have 4x12 minute runs, 1 minute walk breaks in between, at a 6.0 pace. My run/walk will take me almost an hour. That's going to kick my butt!

Justin still has a sore throat and is only feeling a little better. He visited another doctor yesterday who told him to give his first perscription some more time to kick in. He also suggested Justin takes 5 Advil at a time. If Justin doesn't feel any better by the end of the week, the doctor told him to come back in for a shot. I really hope he starts to feel some relief. It's been a week since he first felt sick. Enough is enough!

No comments: