Good morning and Happy Monday to everyone who reads my blog.
I have 4 weeks until my 1/2 marathon and 24 more days of school! The only reason I'm counting down the days of school, is to find out my future for next year.
Over the course of last week, I have signed-up for 4 more races within the next 2 months. I am running a 5k this weekend, which is a race to celebrate women's health and fitness. Only women are allowed to participate in the race. I am running a 10k with my brother May 8th, which will be our first run together. Although we won't actually be running together. I'm sure he'll leave me in his dust. Then my 1/2 marathon is the following weekend, May 16th. The weekend after that I'm running another 5k for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. The latest run I've signed-up for is another 1/2 marathon in Ann Arbor, Michigan. No, I'm not traveling to Michigan just for a race. My husband and I will be in Ohio visiting his family and his future sister-in-law is running her first 1/2 marathon June 6th. She was supposed to run a 1/2 the same day I'm running mine, but that race was full so she signed-up for the one June 6th. If any of you are familiar with Ann Arbor, that's where Michigan University is located. Justin told me if I run in the race I have to wear an Ohio State shirt. Ohio State and Michigan are HUGE rivals. To some of you that may seem like a lot of running, but I think I've found my passion. I am looking forward to participating in the runs and I hope it's something I continue. Who knows...maybe some day I'll run a full marathon! Yeah right :)
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have no doubt that some day you will run a full marathon. Once you set your mind to it. I think the shorter runs will be good for you. And you will problaby leave B in the dust. Have enjoyed and been exhauseted reading your progress. You go girl. How do you run so far by yourself?
The first couple miles seem to take forever, especially when I'm running by myself. But after a while it all becomes mental. I do a lot of thinking to myself and the time seems to pass by. There are days when the run may seem to take forever, but then there are other days when the time goes by so quickly. You get into a state of mind where you don't think about the fact that you're running.
Post a Comment