I met with my principal yesterday about a few possibilities for next year. He met with the other administrators and they discussed 4 options for me.
The first possibility is to stay where I am, in 1st grade, at the same school. Which is obviously my first choice, but it depends on the finalized budget and number of students coming to 1st grade next year.
The second possibility is to stay at the same school, but move down to kindergarten. The enrollment for next year's kindergarten class is extremely high, so they may need to add a 3rd kindergarten classroom. I am unsure about teaching kindergarten and I'm honestly not sure I would like it.
The third possibility is to stay in 1st grade, but teach at another school. Our district has a 5th school that they control, but isn't in the same town. They have a high 1st grade enrollment for next year and they need to add a 2nd first grade classroom. I obviously don't want to leave the building I'm currently at.
The fourth possibility is going back to teaching 5th grade. There is a 5th grade job available and the principal at the 5th & 6th grade building would like to know if I'm interested. I already turned down this possibility. If the 5th grade wasn't going to a 5th & 6th grade building, I would have considered it. But from experience, I don't like the idea of a 5th & 6th grade building.
The positive side is it sounds like I'll have a job next year, but I just don't know where and what grade. I was warned that I may not find out until June! The unknown is driving me crazy!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment