It's been over a week since I last posted and I only have a little to post.
Still no news on what my job status looks like for next year. I'm still waiting patiently for any word on what school I'll be at or in what grade. We only have 2 more weeks left of school and I'm anxiously waiting for summer.
I ran a 10K on Saturday. My brother and I ran in the race together....okay, we started the race together, and he ran about a minute ahead of me. I wanted to focus on setting my pace that will be similar to the pace of my 1/2 marathon. Which is this Sunday!!! While being passed by a number of other runners, I thought my pace was steady, but slow. Until I got to the first mile marker and heard my mile was under 9 minutes. I ended up running the race in 51:57! Instead of pacing myself to a 10-11 minute mile, I ran a 8-9 minute mile! I felt great after the race and felt like I could keep going. I'm hoping I feel that way on Sunday! I plan to take it easy this week, but still push myself during my workouts. I'll run everyday this week between 4-6 miles a day, but I'll rest Friday and Saturday. I can't wait to cross that finish line!
Have a great week!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i do believe i beat you by 2 minutes!!!
way to go. We will be cheering you on Sunday while we attend birthday party. I know you will finish well. You have come so far since you started. Great determination.
Post a Comment