Last week my 1st graders had to read a non-fiction story about a boy who wants to be a firefighter. They also had to respond to questions following the reading. The last question asked "Do you want to be a firefighter? Why or why not?" I wanted to share the responses. Hopefully they bring a smile to your face like they did mine.
Do you want to be a firefighter? Why or why not?
No, because they don't get paid very often.
No, because it is a lot of work.
Yes, because I want to save people.
No, because I don't like them and I don't like loud sirens.
No, because I already said I was going to be a vet.
Yes, becauseI want to save people and I want to be brave.
No, because I am a girl and I think the suits look bad on me. (Ha! Ha! That was my favorite response :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment