Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 3

Happy Hump Day! I was able to get through yesterday's training, but it was tough. I lifted weights before class, taught an hour of kickboxing, then ran 3-10 minute intervals with 2 minute walk breaks. I felt good running, but my feet started to hurt. Hopefully my shoes will get me through until the race. Luckily today will only consist of a 30-minute walk.

While chatting with another non-tenured teacher in our district yesterday, she informed me that she heard all non-tenured teachers will lose their jobs if our district gets hit with one more budget cut. I was a confused, because I thought our district was preaching that their goal is to make sure no one loses their job. I visited with my principal this morning, and he assured me that that's just a rumor. They are still fighting for everyone to keep their jobs. It's the unknown that's killing me! I guess there's no reason to worry, because there's absolutely nothing I can do besides proving I am a good teacher.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I'm glad to see you are blogging again!